Sunday, September 16, 2007

Reeder Bay, Priest Lake

better together

there’s no combination of words I can put on the back of a post card
no song that I can sing but I can try for your heart
our dreams and they are made of real things like a
shoe box of photographs of sepia tone lovin

love is the answer for least for most of the questions to my heart like
why are we here, where we go, how come we’re so hard
it’s not always easy some times life can be deceiving
i’ll tell you one thing it’s always better when we’re together
it’s always better when we’re together
we’ll look at the stars when we’re together
it’s always better when we’re together

i’ll tell you one thing, we’er better together

jack johnson

(This song reminds me of bug and myself every time I here it.)

I listened to good old (yeah old, right) Jack this morning. So many of his songs have words that touch parts of me, our life together, and our travels that it makes me smile and starts my day in a perfect fashion. Between my mornings with Jack and the ones with JT (James Taylor) I always get a great start to my day. So now you know my routine. Linda gets up and starts the hot water, then she either goes for a run or builds a morning fire and reads. I roll out of bed, make coffee, play cards and listen to the ipod. I have several friends that speak to me in the morning; Jack, JT, sometimes Gordon, Izz, the list goes on.

Friday night we drove up to Reeder Bay on Priest Lake and found a site. The good lake front sites were taken so we settled for one back away from most sites, but in an area where we had good privacy. This turned out to be good because some of the lake view folks were real noisy on Saturday night. We set up our camp and started a fire. I set out our new solar lamps on the stairs. I bought them on sale as step lights, at least that what I told Linda. The truth is I like the looks of them and I thought they would make our camper look real cozy when the sun set and darkness covers everything.

We ate cold pizza and sat by the fire till we could stay awake any longer, that would be about 7:30 pm. We climbed into the camper and went to bed. When we arrived this evening Linda noticed that the refrigerator was on and was running on DC current. Our batteries had been cooling things as we drove and when we went to bed they were down quite a bit more then normal. We took precautions and used the small Coleman lamp we always carry. I charged the solar lamps as we got ready and by bed time we had little lamps lighting the stairs, now that made things so cozy, I slept like a log.

Saturday was spent on the beach reading and getting sun. The temperature was just right while sitting on the sandy beach. When you moved up into camp, you had to put on a jacket. We relocated up to camp at about 2:30 pm and I built our fire a 3:00 pm. The Beckwith’s joined us about 5 pm; they had driven up to their cabin to move some thing up there. Their lives are changing and at this point everything revolves around the move from Idaho to Oregon. I would be freaking out if it were me, so you can’t blame them for being a bit antsy. We ate a meal from the Dutch oven and drank some spirits. We talked to about 9 pm and had a great time around the fire. The drove back to their cabin and we went to bed and read. Sleep once again came easy.

So here we are, Linda reading outside by the fire, Dean listening to Jack and typing. I think I could do this every day. I might add some fishing, but Jack and JT could come with me when I do that also.

No comments: