Saturday, March 15, 2008

How I Spent My Saturday

Linda was out of town, I'll post about that later, so I took the day to get the camper loaded on to the new truck. Everything went smoothly, but is sure takes a long time the first time you put it on for the season. You have to put the bed protectors in place, then lock in the torklift tie downs, install the hitch extension, and get the truck moved into a position for loading. Then lift the camper and remove all the winter supports. Backing the truck in under the camper takes a while and when you get that complete you carefully lower the camper into place. Once that is complete you tie it to the truck with you spring loads. The last thing I did was hook the power to the camper from the truck.

With all this complete I carefully pulled out and went over to the near by school where it was level. I finish the tightening of all the tie downs but then noticed that I was way to close to the back tail lights with the camper. So I took the tie downs off and lowered the camper legs and moved the truck the correct distance forward. This process is not hard, but you have to repeat so many little steps that it took quite a while.

With the camper on, I drove to the lake as my test drive. I took the picture and the went to the tire shop and had them put 30 lbs. of air in my airbags and 80 lbs. in my tires.

It was a good project for a cold wet Saturday. We can start loading it up for our spring break trip, by the way the truck handles great with the camper on it!

1 comment:

Owl X said...

Not so fast my friend.