Monday, April 07, 2008

Home and Wet

Since we got home we have had nothing but wet and snow. I took yesterday, Sunday, to install some speakers in the camper by the bed. I took my time and did a nice job.

The camper fix-it list continues to grow. So far the slide needs some parts, the switch for the heater by the bed is not working*, the DC plug by the sink does not work**, the switch for the halogen back up lights does nothing and the shower door doesn't close right. All these items are on my list for repair when we take the camper into R'nR to get the slide repair made. This should be on the 16th of the month.

* I followed this wire back and found that it goes no where.
** I looked at the plug from the back side and there are no wires attached. I did however find two wires that have not been attached to anything. I don't want to mess with this so I didn't test them to see if they were the ones for this plug. I'll let the experts handle this.

I posted a picture of the camper on the NATCO we site. Everyone does that, I fought whether I should or not, but pride got the best of me. Basically all I did was open myself up to criticism. "You need a dully under that thing", "you need to put Ricksons on that", all it did was give em all a chance to be the weight police. We will be putting Ricksons on the truck, but give me some time to get some cash together. Oh, Ricksons are wheels that allow you to Run Commercial-Duty Tires with Load Ranges F, G & H. The camper is heavy and the weak link is now the wheels and tires. I know this, guess I should have kept quiet.

Boy, I hope we didn't get a SnowRiver Camper built on Friday. Those Canadians probably started drinking about noon that day. We'll get the bugs out, sooner or later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GREAT trip blog, Deano! I'm so glad you had such a great time. What amazing hikes - I don't know that I'd have been that brave. Sorry it's cold and wet. I'm in KC, where it's cold and wet. And hoping the snow in CO is only in the mountains - not quite ready to drive in the white stuff yet. Glad you had fun - thanks for sharing! Talk to you soon. Big hug to Linda. xoxo