Monday, December 29, 2008

Attempting To Finish The Mission

I'll use this blog entry as my final Mission post, and hopefully I'll get them all checked off by the time I leave. Today we rode the bus to Barra, well we sort of got on the wrong bus and rode, all around Melaque, and then we transferred to the bus to Barra. Transferring to the Barra bus meant we got off the Melaque bus and chased the Barra bus going the direction we just came. If it wasn’t for the big family loading up four blocks down the way, we would still be running after that clunker.

Once in Barra I fulfilled Mission #11, which was to photograph a sand castle. The sand structure is not the best, as it turns out we are experiencing some large tides today and there was not much sand construction go down. Every time a castle was build the waves devastated it and the children were sad.

I’m re- posting a picture of the ceviche that I ate as “You eating something you have never eaten before.” because I have never eaten sierra and certainly not sierra as ceviche.

Mission #5 was “You in a crowd of more than 20 people.” Linda got a shot of me with the children and parents in the plaza as the young ones painted ceramics.


Finally we got this picture of pigs, to fulfill Mission #10 “A live farm animal.” It was taken outside the market where we shop, and the pigs were not happy. Not happy to be there, they were ok with us taking the photo though.

1 comment:

alicat said...

Wow I wish I was there eating that Ceviché with you. I am sure you are aware of the intense snow you are coming home to... maybe you just want to stay?