Friday, January 02, 2009

2009, Day Two

We got up and drove into Coeur d'Alene for our first venture to the big city since our trip. I don't care what anyone says, drivers are frickin' crazy in this area! I thought Mexico was bad, but after a while you realize that in the chaos of road travel in Melaque, people are going every direction in every form of vehicle, but they are doing it in a way that you feel like everyone is watching out for each other. Here it is every person for them selves, and you have to watch out because snow only adds to their "it's about me" persona.

Enough of that, we did our shopping and went to the bank to put back the money we didn't use on the trip. Here is an interesting tidbit, $377.00 for 5000 pesos using the debit card machine in Melaque. That is a bout 12.5 pesos to the dollar, which is real good. Last year it was about 10 pesos to the dollar. As part of our Mexico package, we usually bring home about $200 dollars in pesos and at the exchange, this year the pesos we took down with us made us $50, or about that.

After all our errands we came home and I went back up on the roof to work out a bit. It's part of my new 2009 fitness package. I go up on the roof daily and toss snow down on my dog. I get a workout, and Kobi thinks it is a great game. So far Kobi is getting far less of a workout as I am.

One more day and the entire house roof will be cleared. I am close to getting it done right now, but I can only lift and throw for about an hour and a half before my wrist give out. I would think that all that volleyball in the pool would have prepared me for all this snow.

2 comments:

alicat said...

I am not sure what kind of preparation one could give themself for all of this snow! Kevin keeps telling me our roof is fine, but I am still worry.

Al Dee Sollinger said...

OUCH.

Sounds like a terrible homecoming. Its what you get for taunting us with that Christmas greeting video from "snowy Mexico" Feliz Navidad and all that.

Welcome home.