Saturday, May 16, 2009

Clark Fork River Rafting

As part of the end of the year program for ASNIC we loaded up the vans and cursed over to the Clark Fork River. I left about three hours before the rest of the group so that I could secure a campsite at the Forest Grove Fishing access. I arrived and parked in the site we wanted, set up the camper, and sat out in the sun looking at the river.

I had a wonderfully quiet two hour wait for the vans to arrive and I really took advantage of the time to sleep and wander about the camping area.

When everyone arrived they set up the tents and then immediately started playing Bolo Toss. I cooked dinner; we had barbecue chicken and all the fixings. By the end of dinner it was late and everyone sat around the fire telling stories and playing games. I went to bed about 10:30PM, I don't know when all the student crawled into their sleeping bags.

The next morning we ate breakfast and packed up to hit the river. The video shows the river trip, and the ride home was uneventful. Traditionally we burn up a raft after a Clark Fork Trip, but this year we just drove home.

http://www.nic.edu/activities/raft/

1 comment:

Sue said...

sounds like a great weekend...