Saturday, December 19, 2009

Friends Arrived Today

This afternoon the Gonzaga Bulldogs took on the Duke Blue Devils in New York City. We found the station on our TV at the house and tuned in to see the very end of the Fighting Irish and the Bruins game on CBS. We were all excited, Linda and Beth made drinks, I opened a beer and we settled in for the fun. The first game ended they went to a commercial and when they returned they had a roller derby game on! What!!!! No Zags! We were bummed. Beth and I scrambled for our computers, but the best we could do was a live update site. We watched it update until the dogs were getting beat down. I guess we were meant to watch roller derby after all.

Don and Caroline arrived this afternoon. It was great to see them! They wandered up to the front of the house at about 4:00 pm and we sat and talked for about an hour. We made some plans to get together and then they went back to LaPloma to get settled in.

We walked into town and had a wonderful meal. I had Flautas con Pollo and dos Tacos al Pastor. I sure wish I could figure out why the food tastes so good down here. My meal of four Flautas and two tacos cost me about $3 and I was very full. You have got to love the fact that you can fill up on wonderful food for less than $5.

After dinner we went to the plaza and walked around a bit. I spotted our old friend Buzz and chatted with him for a bit. I know I have said this before, but seeing Buzz always makes my trip seem right and complete. He is such a nice person and I worry about him every year. He is getting very old, but he is sure looking healthy and happy.

I took the picture of the hibiscus on our walk during the afternoon. It was such a bright yellow flower growing beside the rood I just had to capture its color.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Linda and Deano,
Thanks for the blog. It is fun and interesting to see what you are doing. Love the food pics :).
Where your sunblock and ejoy yourselves.
It hit 80 here in Newport Beach yesterday. We had just spent the last 24 hours u in Malibu with friends, playing music, having dinner and a sleepover. Incredible sunset! Last night was a fun Christmas party with the extended family. Soon I'll be heading north to Seattle and Denman,,,cold and wet, but at least I am not returning to 20 inches of snow like my sis is in DC. Have a great time. Thinking about ! Adios, Bridget

Owl X said...

Tacos al pastor...mmmmm. good call. keep up the good work.