Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Mission post #2

The past few years when we travel down this way, Alex sends me a Mission that I need to complete while we are away. Most years the Mission focuses on getting me to take pictures of Linda or I doing things down here. Usually to get the photo I must get out of my comfort zone, or find some obscure item. Well this years Mission is to photograph all my meals and post them to the blog. Now, if you are Andrew Zimmer or someone who likes to eat in other countries, you may find this obsessive food posting a fun but I think the normal person with find it a bit boring. I will try to spice it up a bit by trying new foods and changing my usual diet a bit. Tacos from a street vendor can only work once, and then you will stop visiting the blog.

Tonight we walked all the way up the beach to a restaurant called Concha Del Mar. I had carnie asada and Linda had nachos grandee. Both were very good. I tried to find something unusual to eat, but that was the best I could do at this particular place. By the way, Linda is doing great with her Spanish. We have not ordered anything wrong and this year we actually have purchased sliced turkey! We usually have had to settle for turkey ham, something has always been lost in translation.

I uploaded a photo of me playing Counter Strike because I thought it was so cool that I can be in Mexico and play a game with the guys back at NIC. Isn’t technology amazing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's so nice to see pictures of food and fun things, and know that in a couple of days I'll be eating and doing them WITH you! It was rough last winter, snowbound in NH while you played in the sun...