Sunday, September 07, 2014

Getting Better, I Think.

When I got the boat I vowed to catch some lake salmon out of Lake Coeur d'Alene. I entered the third year of boat ownership with a real poor record.  I had caught two salmon, but neither were keepers.  My on the water time without a brag-able catch was really getting up there. Until this summer!

Today I caught my seventh keeper! Pretty cool!

I had just got all my rigging in the water and was going about the task of straightening up the boat when boom the rod shook and the reel started clicking. I bet I was on the water 10 minutes from dock to fish. I pulled in my catch, measured it and dropped it in the cooler.  24" of Lake Cd'A salmon on board and I had my gear back in the water in minutes.

I fished until 10 AM and then called it quits. Nice morning fishing and then I had all day to be with my lovely wife.

No comments: