Friday, February 12, 2016

Remember a Couple Years Ago?

I was just sitting up in the room after lunch when Linda called out that there was a huge crocodile sunning itself on the walk behind our casa. I grabbed the camera and headed out to see if I could get some pictures.  Man, that creature was huge!

It was laying directly behind the lot that we stayed in when we were staying in our camper about three years ago. We always were cautious about Kobi being around the lagoon and this shows you the prime reason why. Kobi would be a scooby snack for that croc!

I took a bunch of pictures from the casa roof and the lot and then took my bike around to see if I could get a shot of the critter as a speed bump on the walkway.

Down the street, four little neighbor girls had set up a lemonade stand and were selling the drink for either a song or a joke. When Linda and I had walked by earlier, Linda told a joke for her drink. "What did the father buffalo say to the son buffalo when he left for work?" "Bison!" They were in third grade and it sort of went over their heads.

This photo is from the lot where we stayed.
I stopped when I went to see the croc and told them a joke I had looked up online. "Why is 6 afraid of 7?" They all shouted, "Because 7,8, 9!"  Then they told me that everyone in B.C. knows that joke! I was so unprepared for that, all I could do was drink my drink and ride off.

I rode to the walkway behind the casa and got to the top of the hill behind our place and as soon as I got off my bike the big croc looked my way and backed into the lagoon. No photos of the big speed bump! I rode back to the place and took some photos on the way, but none of the crocs I spotted were anywhere as big as the one behind our place.


Drinks for songs or jokes!
The lagoon is very full of water right now.
Small crocodile, not even close to the size of the big guy!


No comments: