Sunday, November 12, 2017

Moose

Over the last few weeks, there have been reports of moose wandering our neighborhood. Each morning when Linda goes out to run I say something like "Be careful out there and don't go chasing the moose!"

This morning Linda came running back into the house and said "MOOSE!"

Now, for my birthday Linda gave me a new camera. This camera was a replacement for the one I dipped in the ocean when I was sailing with John Karpenko down in Mexico. The last few weeks I have been studying the camera, reading how to be a better photographer, and working to learn what this new technology can do.

Every day I go online and read articles from well-known photographers. These articles explain principals that I need to follow to create the best photos possible.

When Linda yelled "MOOSE!", everything I have been reading left my mind as I grabbed my camera and ran out the door.

First I used the wrong setting on the camera. Actually, it was the right setting. I just used it all wrong. After I changed settings to the one I was more comfortable with, AUTO, I was ready to shoot photos, but the moose was through posing and decided to move off. At this point, I got a couple good close up shots and then a vehicle drove by spooking my model.  Oh, the perils of the amateur photographer.

I walked back into the house grabbed my coffee and looked at the pictures I did get.

No comments: